What’s a good 401K allocation mix for these current times for a 45 year old person?
We recently got a new 401K and need to decide our allocation mix between large caps, foreign and bonds. Not sure if I should take the current economic situation into consideration or just stay the course. Thanks!
Answer by jeff410
You should not take the current economic situation into consideration. A 401k is a long term investment. You still have about 20 years until retirement. Dont invest for the long term, with a short term view. You should have about the same percentage as your age invested in bonds, and the rest in equities, with about 20 percent or so in international equities. But the percentages depend on your other assets, other income you will have at retirement and your risk tolerance.
Incoming search terms:
- best practics 401 (k) allocation for 45 year old (2)
- 401k allocation 40 year old (1)
- good 401k allocation (1)
- good investments for 56 year olds (1)
- ideal 401k portfolio at 60 years old (1)
- ideal asset allocation for 56 year old (1)
- ideal portfolio mix for 60 year old (1)
- Im 45 years old what should be my asset allocation (1)
- investment allocation for a 40 year old (1)
- proper 401k allocation for 50 year old (1)